Thursday 10 March 2016

Imitation of LEGO Star Wars Dewback with Sandtrooper Minifigure by Pogo

I got this set without box at RM25 (USD6) from a friend. Anyway, I do not think this set comes with a box because couldn't find any pic of the box on Aliexpress. I sort the seller list according to the number of orders they received and here's the result:



This reptile is called dewback. Sandtroopers ride them to move around in the desert.

source: wiki

Actually this is the second variant of dewback made by LEGO. It comes from LEGO #75052 Mos Eisley Cantina (2014).



The first variant of dewback made by LEGO in #4501 (2004). 



You can still get the first variant from eBay at reasonable price.. considering the time gap between the two variations is almost 1 decade.

top - new variant, bottom - older version.

Do not be surprised if you found the imitation listed among original LEGO dewback on eBay (^_^)". 



2 sealed bags, instructions manual  and assembled dewback:




One of the sealed bags contain parts for sandtrooper:




You can build a saddle for the dewback with parts in another bag:



or if you want it without saddle, there's extra parts to cover the back:



Assembled saddle on the dewback:






The jaws can be opened and closed.




With printed tooth at the palate/floor. As you can see in this picture, the surface of the jaw looks rough and full of scratches .



Assembled minifigures:



They are not stingy with the accessories/weapons:




The minifigure is quite bad.. because of the print on the torso,leg and helmet.




But still i like it! 



19 comments:

  1. Another great review! I have to tell you, though, that I also bought this set and my Sandtrooper is not nearly as bad. I think you got a bad one there. My dewback has the same scratches on the lower jaw, but I got a much better figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi @stackerman. you are right. another reader told me the same thing. His sandtrooper is not as bad as mine. ahaha. why i always got the worst stuff

      Delete
  2. Actually I find this dewback pretty cute.
    In one of my fav sellers' shop this written that this set manufacturer is Pogo. Seems true as I've never seen any other Pogo minifigs in boxes. Also Pogo's plastic (and the print) is matte and the pauldron material resembles Pogo Batman's cape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi @batsy thanks for the confirmation :)). Yeah, you are right. Now I remember none of their minifigure come in boxes. So this must be from Pogo :). I don't need to edit my post :))

      Delete
    2. Oops sorry, seems like I haven't seen the header so I though manufacturer was unknown.

      Delete
  3. the weapons included is making me envious!

    did anyone sold the weapons separately? that Han's Blaster will look good on the hands of, well, Han. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at these:
      http://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32594812791.html
      http://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32594029871.html

      Delete
  4. Hey can you review SY356? It looks awesome but i want to see how it is before I buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's still Kylo Ren Command Shuttle in review queue btw.
      Amyway, if this set will be bough it will be reviewed as well.

      Sincerely, Captain Obvious.

      Delete
    2. I don't know why I always hesitate/keep finding excuses to review kylo ren's shuttle lol. News flash.. It's completed.. And it's great! I even have the pics in my HDD to upload here. Hmm, maybe the SW hype is over now?

      It took me very long time to assemble that shuttle so I'm definitely going to post one or two pics of it ahaaha.

      Delete
  5. Legostore.my,

    Off topic post, sorry.

    You mentioned batpod recently. Did you check out the Decool 7115 and is it available locally yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I remember issuing batpod by Decool was a wish, not a fact.
      But they were issuing bigger version of Tumblr - 7111.
      The list of their latest models:
      http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XAjtBYT5rS8/Vp61SFhEiJI/AAAAAAAAJcA/PQuW0lGt69Y/s1600/DSC_0178%2Bcopy.jpg

      So what model is 7115 exactly?
      Anyway you can check taobao as new models appear there first. If it's not there, it's most likely not at local shops yet.

      Delete
    2. I almost jump through the roof ahaha. I made a search about Decool 7115 on aliexpress but no result found. Just like millennium falcon, that big tumbler 7111 is going to be sell like hotcakes.

      Delete
  6. Great review I actually got the Cantina set a few years back and was excited to get another dew back. This new one is amazing. The saddle is more a reddish brown and the dew back is a slightly shiny and a lighter shade of green. The weapons pack is amazing better than original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mini figure was much better than the one you got in your set. The dirt is much lighter/tan than previous sandtrooper I got off aliexpress.

      Delete
    2. Hi @Joe Beausoleil. Thanks for your feedback.you have both variant of dewback? Awesome! :). It must be nice to have at least one original to keep as collection.. Or investment :))

      Mine must be from another batch hence the different color.Pogo is still not my favorite. Not my luck I guess. Just bought loose white boba fett..also from Pogo and the quality is quite bad :((

      Delete
  7. There's a new set X0108 can you review it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there. I certainly will get em :)) I hope you can wait for the review :)

      Delete
  8. May i know where do u buy ur lego please sir

    ReplyDelete

Need to add an image? Use this code [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]